Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Author: C. Small
Now before you look at increasing your physical activities, you should consult your physician to ensure a safe and healthy experience. Next, you must understand the term. Physical activity cannot be defined in just one or two words; it is a broad term that encompasses all forms of muscle movements. These movements can range from sports to lifestyle activities (such as house cleaning, gardening, etc). Also, exercise can be defined as physical activity that is a planned, structured movement of the body designed to enhance physical fitness. Regimented or purposeful exercise consists of a program that includes twenty to sixty minutes of activity at least three to five days a week.
exercises? Actually there are. Exercise may be classified in one of two categories or energy systems, anaerobic and aerobic, depending on where the energy is derived from. There is a distinct difference between the two, and specific training techniques are used to enhance both. Anaerobic exercise does not require oxygen for energy. This is due to the intensity and duration of anaerobic events, which typically are high intensity and last only a few seconds to a minute or two. Also, in anaerobic exercises the body creates the energy without oxygen. This basically is due to the fact that the body’s demand for energy is greater so that it will find natural body chemicals such as creatine phosphate to create it. These activities include weight lifting, machines that offer resistance, dumbbells, and short sprints.
(Note: The potential does exist however, where one can use both the aerobic and anaerobic systems, as in soccer, where a match requires ninety minutes of continual activity with short intense bursts of effort.)
Participation in physical activity can be beneficial for anyone and can be started during any stage of life. One goal of Healthy People 2010, which is a categorized listing of national health objectives established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is to increase the number of people who participate in daily physical activity. So whether you decide to do a regimented exercise program, house or yard work, walk a pet, or walk around town to complete errands, get up off the couch and get active!
About the author: C. Small is the Founder/President/CEO of CVS Unlimited, LLC and a health and fitness enthusiast with more than 31 years of military training. The Company’s desire is to help people achieve healthy lifestyles by combining good nutrition with the right exercises, and using the right equipment for lasting results.
GNC MEGA MEN Multivitamins 180 Tablets (EXP:07/2011)
Womens Ultra Daily 120C ( Multi-Pack)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Not everyone is made for high-level exercising. But you can become fit without bouncing around in a leotard, battering your joints. Forget all the huffing, puffing, lugging, lifting, and straining. Movement therapy is a gentle – yet effective – group of sports that include yoga, tai chi, and Pilates. Just don’t be fooled by their mild manner. These activities can whip you into shape without breaking a sweat.
All three have ancient Eastern roots and are merely different interpretations of the same principle: keeping your body and mind in harmony naturally leads to better health.
It wasn’t until recently that modern science confirmed the many physical benefits of yoga, tai chi, and Pilates. With them, you can improve your balance, flexibility, and strength – no matter what your age, weight, or fitness level.
No Pain – but great gain
Yoga, tai chi, and Pilates are gentle enough for anyone to try. If you consider yourself in bad health or disabled in some way, you’re a perfect candidate for these movement therapies. You can ease into the programs slowly and set your own pace. It’s easy to stick with them and you’ll see improvement quickly.
Here are just some of the benefits you will get from these soothing approaches to fitness.
• When you were a child, tripping and falling meant just another minor scrape. But as you get older, taking a tumble can have serious and crippling effects. If your sense of balance is as bad as Humpty Dumpty’s,these are the safest forms of exercise for you.
Just like the trick to growing tomatoes is to keep the main stalk strong, the trick to great balance is to keep your core muscles strong. The bands of muscle in your abdomen, lower back, and buttocks are the center of strength and control for the rest of your body.
All three examples of movement therapy are relatively stationary,but because they strengthen your core muscles, your balance will improve quickly – preventing falls – and you’ll develop greater flexibility and strength. Soon you will be moving with confidence again.
• Tai chi and yoga are especially recommended for people with arthritis.Gentle yoga can improve arthritis in your hands, for example, and tai chi’s precise, flowing movements help keep your joints limber, relieve your pain, and keep you active.
• The dance-like stretches, poses, and maneuvers within each of these movement therapies will gently strengthen and tone your body. Pilates is especially good as a strength-training workout.
• Add yoga or Pilates to your exercise regimen if you need to improve your heart health.
• In today’s hectic world, it may be hard to squeeze an extra 30 minutes of exercise into your schedule – at least without feeling even more stress. The beautiful thing about movement therapy is that it combines stress relief with exercise, so you kill two birds with one stone.
All the activities – tai chi, yoga, and Pilates – are done slowly, with intense focus on proper breathing and posture. They all relax your body and calm your mind.
As you can see, you can boost your overall health with these joyful, health-giving movements.
Things to know before you give it a go
Just to be safe, make sure that you take these precautions before starting any new exercise program.
• Get your doctor’s approval on your fitness plan, especially if you’ve badly injured your back, neck, knees,or shoulders in the past.
• The stretches, poses, and movements of these therapies should not hurt. If you feel pain, stop and check your technique before continuing.
• Pilates is the most intense of the three exercise forms. You may want to try one of the less strenuous programs first if you are out of shape.
• Be forewarned, you might get addicted to these calming sports.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Author: Ranju Kumar
Nutritional supplement is a product that provides additional nutrients when people don't get enough of them through food. Nutritional supplement increases the intake of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, herbs, etc. It gives you everything you need to quench the thirst of average daily intake of nutrient.
Nutritional supplements are available in different shapes and sizes - many nutritional supplements can make a huge difference in your life. Nutritional supplements are exactly what they imply; they are the vitamins and minerals and other nutrients that your body needs to be healthy. Here are some information on nutritional supplements and what they are used for.
First of all, supplements help you to overcome nutritional deficiencies. We need all the nutrients in the proper amounts in order to have an optimum health. Since our diets can not provide all of them, nutritional supplements can fill in those gaps.
Nutritional supplements also help to boost our immune system. The stronger your immune system, the more resistant your body can be against disease. You probably know that popping a tablet or two of Vitamin C can help you avoid cold and related illness. This is exactly how useful supplementation is.
Nutritional supplements also enhance and complement our activities, such as workout regimes etc... Our body needs more than just vitamins and minerals. There are various nutritional health supplements offering a wide spectrum of essential nutrients. There are plenty of high quality multi-vitamins available on the market that offers a comprehensive range of vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional supplements represent a support to our body. The nutritional supplements clean the human body and restore the deficiencies present inside. While taken constantly, nutritional supplements promote good health and help prevent diseases. Nutritional supplements represent a good thing that we need. It is best to satisfy the body's vitamin and mineral needs with a healthy diet.
Here are a few tips that you might consider before buying nutritional supplements:
1. Nutritional supplements can enhance your body's function. It cleans the human body and restores the deficiencies present inside.
2. Everybody can consume nutritional supplement and mostly if it is diagnosed with a nutritional deficiency.
3. You must find out if you have a nutritional deficiency.
4. Ask your physician if it is safe for you to take nutritional supplements.
5. Does this supplement interact with any drug or food you are consuming?
6. Nutritional supplements help in better healing. Choosing the right supplements according to the requirement will provide the body with the fuel needed to enhance re-growth and heal within the body.
The goal of using nutritional supplements is to get your health, fitness and looks to a greater level. Nutritional supplements for good health are nutrients which may include one or several of the following: vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and medicinal herbs or botanicals.